It is important
to find main ideas when reading. Main ideas help readers remember important
The main idea of a paragraph tells the topic of the paragraph. The topic tells what all or most of the sentences are about.
1. Martin Luther King was a legacy. He was a Civil Right leader. Read his story and take the online quiz. You will also be able to view a slide show with pictures from his life. You can also read some of his famous speeches.
2. There are many stories to read and answer questions that involve main idea and details. Read the stories then answer the questions.
English Works! Reading Exercises
3. Use the Kids' Lab sheet to record your scores on these stories. Remember to look for the main idea.
4. Read the following online stories and find the main idea. Have a great time!!
Get the Idea
5. Read the following paragraphs and find the main idea.
6. Find out how well you can do on this online quiz. Find the main idea.
7. Here is another online quiz. Don't forget to record your score when finished.
8. Brian Goes to School! Find the main idea. Have fun!!
9. Here is a test preview to find main idea.
Reading Main Idea Recognition
10. Check out these main ideas.
New York State Elementary Test Prep- ELA 4- Grade 3 Main Idea